- Eastspring Investments - Asian Low Volatility Equity Fund is referred to the ‘Fund’.
- The Fund invests in equities and equity-related securities and is exposed to the risk of market price fluctuations.
- Given the investment strategy of the Fund, investors should note that lower volatility does not necessarily mean low risk. The Fund may not produce lower price variability as compared to the overall market and the Fund may be precluded from fully capturing the upside in rising markets. The investments selected using the systematic models may perform differently than expected.
- The Fund invests primarily in the Asia Pacific ex Japan region and may be more volatile than a diversified fund.
- The Fund’s investments in emerging markets subject it to greater political, tax, economic, foreign exchange, liquidity and regulatory risks.
- The Fund may incur substantial losses if it is unable to sell those investments with liquidity risks at opportune times or prices.
- The Fund may invest in securities denominated in currencies other than the Fund’s base currency and may be exposed to currency and exchange rates risk.
- The Fund may use financial derivatives instruments (FDIs) for hedging and efficient portfolio management purposes. Using FDIs may expose the Fund to market risk, management risk, credit risk, counterparty risk, liquidity risk, volatility risk, operational risk, leverage risk, valuation risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. The use of such instruments may be ineffective and the Fund may incur significant losses.
- The Fund's Board of Directors may, at its discretion, pay dividends out of capital or gross income while charging all or part of the fees and expenses to the Fund’s capital, resulting in higher distributable income. Thus, the Fund may effectively pay dividends out of capital. Payment of dividends out of capital (effectively or not) amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment, which may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share.
- Investment involves risk. Investors should not rely solely on this document in making investment decision. Past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance.
NAV as of 01 Jun 2023
Daily $ Change
Daily % Change
30 Apr 2023
Past performance data
- Asset classEquity
- Subscription methodN.A.
- ISIN codeLU1497733557
- Bloomberg tickerESAADMU LX
- Minimum initial investmentUSD 500
- Minimum subsequent investmentUSD 50
- Inception date 07 Oct 2016
- Base currencyUSD
- Initial sales chargeMax 5%
- Annual management feesMAX 1.25%
Morningstar rating *
30 Apr 2023
Footnote : * Rating should not be taken as a recommendation. © 2016 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
Quant investing in Asia: Cushion and complement with a low vol strategy
May 2022 | Ben Dunn, CFA
Heightened market volatility episodes have become more frequent in recent years with ...
Growth and value investing in Asia: Harnessing the collective strength of ASEAN
Apr 2022 | Bryan Yeong
ASEAN has many structural advantages that offer investment opportunities for both ...
Not all carbon emissions are equal
Mar 2022 | Ben Dunn, CFA
As low-carbon investing gains momentum, growing regulatory requirements will force ...
Implications for Asia: Russia-Ukraine conflict
Mar 2022 | Bill Maldonado
We see the impact on Asia coming via trade, commodity price shocks, interest rates and ...
Equity opportunities in a recovering Asia
Feb 2022 | Bill Maldonado
Supply disruptions, COVID lockdowns and China's slowing growth were some of the key ...
Achieving low carbon portfolios the quantitative way
Aug 2021 | Ben Dunn, CFA
Integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors into the investment ...
Brave new world – navigating trade-war rhetoric and the end of an elongated cycle
Jun 2019 | Virginie Maisonneuve
The reversal of the Federal Reserve’s interest stance has removed one of the ...
US midterm elections: What it means for Asia
Nov 2018 | Virginie Maisonneuve
The Democrats have won control of the House while the Republicans have retained the ...
Exploiting investor behaviour – Why time frames matter
Sep 2018 | Dean Cashman
This year, global equity markets could be characterised as extremely choppy. Market ...
All data are from Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Limited.
The Fund is a sub-fund of the Eastspring Investments funds, an open-ended investment company with variable capital (société d''investissement à capital variable) registered in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on the official list of collective investment undertakings pursuant to part I of the Luxembourg law of 17 December 2010 relating to undertakings for collective investment (the "2010 Law") and the Directive 2009/65/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 (the "UCITS Directive"). The Fund is authorized by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission ("SFC"). SFC authorization is not a recommendation or endorsement of the Fund nor does it guarantee the commercial merits of the Fund or its performance. It does not mean the Fund is suitable for all investors nor is it an endorsement of its suitability for any particular investor or class of investors. The Eastspring Investments has appointed Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited as its Hong Kong Representative. This information is not an offer or solicitation of an offer for the purchase of investment units in the Fund. An offering documents in relation to the Fund is available and may be obtained through Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited or any of its appointed distributors. All applications for units in the Fund must be made on the application forms accompanying the offering documents. Potential investors should read the offering documents (including the risk factors stated therein in details and the risk factors in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets, if applicable) before deciding whether to subscribe for or purchase units in the Fund. An investment in units of the Fund is subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future or likely performance of the Fund. The value of the units in the Fund and any income accruing to the units, if any, may fall or rise. US/HK dollar-based investors are exposed to currency fluctuations where the Fund is denominated in currencies other than US/HK dollar. The information contained herein does not have any regard to the specific investment objective(s), financial situation or the particular needs of any person. Potential investors may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser before purchasing units in the Fund. In the event that potential investors choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser, they should consider whether the Fund is a suitable investment for them. Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited is an ultimately wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential plc of the United Kingdom.Eastspring Investments Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited and Prudential plc are not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America or with the Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.
The above materials are issued by Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited and have not been reviewed by the SFC.