- Eastspring Investments - Asian Bond Fund is referred to the ‘Fund’.
- The Fund invests in bonds and is subject to interest rate fluctuation and exposed to credit default, valuation and credit rating risks as well as credit risk of the counterparties with which it trades. Pertaining to investments in high yield/unrated/non-investment grade bonds, these securities may be subject to higher credit risks and liquidity risks, compared with investment grade bonds, with an increased risk of loss of investments. Investment grade bonds are subject to the risks of credit rating downgrades.
- The Fund may use financial derivatives instruments (FDIs) for hedging and efficient portfolio management purposes. Using FDIs may expose the Fund to market risk, management risk, credit risk, counterparty risk, liquidity risk, volatility risk, operational risk, leverage risk, valuation risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. The use of such instruments may be ineffective and the Fund may incur significant losses.
- The Fund invests primarily in Asia and may be more volatile than a diversified fund.
- The Fund’s investment in emerging markets subject it to greater political, tax, economic, foreign exchange, liquidity and regulatory risks.
- The Fund may incur substantial losses if it is unable to sell those investments with high liquidity risks at opportune times or prices.
- The Fund may invest in securities denominated in currencies other than the Fund’s base currency and may be exposed to currency and exchange rates risk.
- The Fund may offer currency hedged share classes which involve currency hedging transactions that may, in extreme cases, adversely affect the Fund's net asset value.
- The Fund's Board of Directors may, at its discretion, pay dividends out of capital or gross income while charging all or part of the fees and expenses to the Fund’s capital, resulting in higher distributable income. Thus, the Fund may effectively pay dividends out of capital. Payment of dividends out of capital (effectively or not) amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment, which may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share.
- Investment involves risk. Investors should not rely solely on this document in making investment decision. Past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance.
NAV as of 24 Mar 2023
Daily $ Change
Daily % Change
28 Feb 2023
Past performance data
Source: Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Limited. Returns are based in USD and computed on NAV-NAV basis with net income reinvested, if any. Calendar year returns are based on the share class performance for the year, and if the share class was incepted during a particular year, the returns shown relate to the performance of the share class since its inception to the end of that calendar year. Past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance.
- Asset classBond
- Subscription methodN.A.
- ISIN codeLU0154355936
- Bloomberg tickerPRUASBA LX
- Minimum initial investmentUSD 500
- Minimum subsequent investmentUSD 50
- Inception date 01 Mar 2005
- Base currencyUSD
- Initial sales chargeMax 3%
- Annual management feesMAX 1.0%
Morningstar rating *
28 Feb 2023
* Rating should not be taken as a recommendation. © Morningstar. All rights reserved.
The curious case of the missing US inflation
Feb 2019 | Guan Yi Low
Investors and policymakers are puzzled. Inflationary pressures are tentatively ...
Asia races to become “smart”
Feb 2019 | Virginie Maisonneuve
Just over half of the world’s population live in urban areas today. By 2050 ...
Looking for bright spots in Asian credit
Jun 2018 | Guan Yi Low
Asian credit yields are approaching levels last seen during the 2013 “Taper ...
All data are from Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Limited.
The Fund is a sub-fund of the Eastspring Investments funds, an open-ended investment company with variable capital (société d''investissement à capital variable) registered in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on the official list of collective investment undertakings pursuant to part I of the Luxembourg law of 17 December 2010 relating to undertakings for collective investment (the "2010 Law") and the Directive 2009/65/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 (the "UCITS Directive"). The Fund is authorized by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission ("SFC"). SFC authorization is not a recommendation or endorsement of the Fund nor does it guarantee the commercial merits of the Fund or its performance. It does not mean the Fund is suitable for all investors nor is it an endorsement of its suitability for any particular investor or class of investors. The Eastspring Investments has appointed Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited as its Hong Kong Representative. This information is not an offer or solicitation of an offer for the purchase of investment units in the Fund. An offering documents in relation to the Fund is available and may be obtained through Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited or any of its appointed distributors. All applications for units in the Fund must be made on the application forms accompanying the offering documents. Potential investors should read the offering documents (including the risk factors stated therein in details and the risk factors in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets, if applicable) before deciding whether to subscribe for or purchase units in the Fund. An investment in units of the Fund is subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future or likely performance of the Fund. The value of the units in the Fund and any income accruing to the units, if any, may fall or rise. US/HK dollar-based investors are exposed to currency fluctuations where the Fund is denominated in currencies other than US/HK dollar. The information contained herein does not have any regard to the specific investment objective(s), financial situation or the particular needs of any person. Potential investors may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser before purchasing units in the Fund. In the event that potential investors choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser, they should consider whether the Fund is a suitable investment for them. Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited is an ultimately wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential plc of the United Kingdom.Eastspring Investments Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited and Prudential plc are not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America or with the Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.
The above materials are issued by Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited and have not been reviewed by the SFC.