Eastspring Investments Privacy Statement
We, Eastspring Investments, take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously.
Consequently, we’ve set out below information about our processing of your personal information, what rights you have, and how you can get in touch if you want to know more.
When we say personal information, we mean information about you, such as your name, date of birth and contact details. We collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to either provide you with the product or service you’ve
requested or to comply with statutory or contractual requirements. Unfortunately, if you’re unable to provide certain personal information which is necessary for us to provide our products and/or services to you, we will not be able
to provide you with those products and/or services.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating our Privacy Notice page on our website. We encourage you to check our Privacy Notice from time to time on our website, as the version of our Privacy Notice which is displayed
on our website shall take precedence over all previous versions of our Privacy Notice at all times.
Part A – Personal information we collect and process
- personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history when you fill up the Contact us section;
- records of your contact with us such as via the phone number of our customer service centre and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services or via our smartphone app, details such as your mobile phone location data,
IP address and MAC address; and
- analysis of data relating to marketing made to you, including history of communications and whether you open them or click on links.
Part B – Where we get your personal information
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- from you directly or when you contact us by other means, for example by email, post or telephone, we may collect the information you provide to us via those other means;
- cookies, location services, IP addresses when you visit our website or mobile app; and
- questionnaire and contact details when you attend surveys, investor conferences, roadshows or when you complete any contact us form on our website;
Part B.1 – Cookies
and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the setting in
your browser. If you would like to do this, please see the help menu of your browser.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our secure Site;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site
works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language
Part C – How we use your personal information and why
We and our Business Partners will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, for the following purposes:
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- the provision of services - such as replying to a question from an investor, shareholder, customer or website visitor, or to tell you that something’s changing or changed;
- automated decision-making or profiling (see Part D for more information); and
- keeping your information on record and carrying out other internal business administration.
In addition, we and our Marketing Partners, will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, to send you direct marketing offers by electronic and non-electronic means including by post, as well as sending
you introductions to products and services from carefully selected third parties also by post. Please see part H for further details.
We will only collect your information through cookies when you have provided consent.
Who we share your personal information with and why
We’ll share your personal information within Eastspring Investments and with our Business Partners and Marketing Partners for any of the purposes set out in this Part C. If appropriate, we may also pass on your personal information to
financial crime prevention agencies, and any other legal, regulatory or government bodies.
We may process your personal information in a country other than the one you are resident in. To the extent we transfer your personal data, we will use appropriate safeguards and comply with the laws of the country to which your personal information
is transferred. Details of the safeguards we use are available on request.
We keep your personal information for a set amount of time
Your personal information will be stored either for as long as you (or your joint investment account holder) are our customer, or longer if required by law or as is otherwise necessary. It’ll always be in line with our data retention
Part D – We may use your personal information to make automated decisions or profile you
We, our Business Partners, and our Marketing Partners may use your personal information to make automated decisions affecting you or to conduct other profiling (for example, marketing profiling).
To the extent that we conduct such automated decision-making activity, we’ll provide you with further information at the appropriate time.
Part E – Use of your sensitive personal information
For certain products or services, we’ll need to process your sensitive personal information, such as information relating to health, genetics, biometric identifiers and sexual orientation. To the extent that we need your explicit consent
to process this kind of personal information in the manner described in Parts C, D, and E, we will provide details of this at the point of collection and seek your consent.
Part F – You’re in control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you’ve got the right to:
- request a copy of your personal information for free (we may charge you for this if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive);
- in certain circumstances request that we move your personal information to another organisation if you want us to;
- request that we correct anything that’s wrong, or complete any incomplete personal information;
- ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out in Part C or if there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- limit how we use your personal information or withdraw your consents (including automated decision making) you have given for the processing of your personal information;
- object to us using your personal information for direct marketing (including related profiling) or other processing based on legitimate interests; and
- complain to a local data protection authority or another independent regulator about how we’re using it.
If you want to do any of these things, or would like an explanation about these rights, we’ve explained how you can get in touch in the Contact us section.
If you do need to speak to us, please remember that the data controller of your personal information is Eastspring Investments.
Part G – Acting on someone else’s behalf?
If you give us personal information about another person (or persons), we’ll take that to mean they have appointed and authorised you to act on their behalf. This includes providing consent to:
- our processing of their personal information and sensitive personal information (as we’ve explained in Parts A - F above); and
- you are getting any information protection notices on their behalf.
If for any reason you are concerned as to whether you are permitted to provide us with the other person’s information, please contact us at the email address below before sending us anything.
Part H – Direct marketing
We, our Business Partners and our Marketing Partners may contact you and/or send you information about Eastspring Investments, our products and services and carefully selected third parties. We will only do this if you have consented to us
contacting you by electronic means.
And if you change your mind, and / or you would like to opt-out of receiving non-electronic direct marketing, it’s easy to let us know. Just use one of the options in the Contact us section.
If you want to exercise your rights in Parts F or H or if you require any other information about any other part of this notice, you can contact us in several different ways.
Write to us at:
Data Protection Officer (Your country of residence)
Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Limited
7 Straits View, #09-01,
Marina One East Tower,
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastspring Investments is the Asian asset management business of Prudential plc and includes Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd, Eastspring Investments Limited, Eastspring Investments Incorporated, Eastspring Asset Management Korea
Company Ltd, Eastspring Investments (Luxembourg) S.A., Eastspring Investments Berhad, Eastspring Al-Wara’ Investments Berhad, Eastspring Investments (Hong Kong) Limited, Eastspring Securities Investment Trust Company Ltd, Eastspring
Investments Fund Management Company, PT. Eastspring Investments Indonesia and Eastspring Investment Management (Shanghai) Company Limited .
Business Partners means our service providers, accountants, auditors, IT service and platform providers, intermediaries, reinsurers, investment managers, agents, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers,
selected third party financial and insurance product providers and legal advisers.
Marketing Partners means our service providers, intermediaries, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers and selected third party financial and insurance product providers.
We will provide any electronic information (not paper records) that we hold and only that which you provided to us – we will not provide the results of any processing carried out on that data.